WorkSafe is currently advising employers and workers that special precautions for COVID-19 are not required, beyond the recommended measures to prevent common respiratory viruses like influenza.
These measures include:
- Wash your hands often, and always after coughing, sneezing, or blowing your nose.
- Wash with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or, if soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.