MANUAL LIFTING AND CARRYING
Protecting workers from injuries associated with material lifting and carrying.
Most lifting accidents are due to improper lifting methods. All manual lifting should be planned and safe lifting procedures followed.
SELECTION AND USE
As per safe work procedure
Safe lifting procedure
Supervisors are responsible to facilitate and/or provide proper instructions to their workers on protection requirements and training.
Selection of lifting equipment.
1. Ensure that you know your physical limitations and the approximate weight of materials.
2. The use of power equipment or mechanical lifting devices should be considered and employed where practical.
3. Obtain assistance in lifting heavy objects.
4. Ensure a good grip before lifting and employ proper lifting technique.
5. Avoid reaching out.
6. Pipes, conduit, reinforcing rods and other conductive materials should not be carried on the shoulder near exposed live electrical equipment or conductors.
7. Be aware of hazardous and unsafe conditions.
Leave this empty:
Your legal name
Your email address
If you have questions about the contents of this document, you can email the document owner.
Document Name: Manual Handling
Agree & Sign